Day 7
Met with Elvis to have my port dressings and tape replaced, which reduced the pain a lot for me since the tape they had on the right side of my chest previously was so tight it was exacerbating the soreness from the fresh surgery. We (my mother and I) were taught how to give my port daily heparin injections so a clot doesn’t develop in my port. What was interesting was that initially when my mother asked if we could film him showing us the procedure for later reference, he hesitated a little before agreeing to do it. Maybe he didn’t want to have video evidence of him showing us the procedure if we screw up and I end up in the ER.
Standard detox IV fluids were done after. I’m not sure if it really helps or not, I sense that most of the help I will be getting will be from the antibiotic and antifungal treatments that will follow. It’s a bit depressing to have to tell the nurse daily that my symptoms are getting worse every day, but for a tough case like mine I’m not gonna magically be running a 5k from just a 2 week detox protocol.
It was a tough afternoon. A lot of people here managed to have caught their Lyme much earlier than me without any brain damage. I didn’t even know I had Lyme until it was ravaging my entire nervous system, at the age of 25. I shouldn’t be dealing with this bullshit. Why me?
Symptoms:
Muscle weakness: worse, my hands are going into a claw
Cognitive decline: worse
Comments
Post a Comment